Effectively Representing You On Drug Possession Charges
Being accused of drug possession has damaging effects. The charges and penalties if convicted can vary from misdemeanors with monetary fines or probation, to felonies with full-blown prison sentences. First-degree controlled substance possession has a penalty of up to 30 years of incarceration and a million-dollar fine in Minnesota.
The penalties depend on the type of drug, the amount of the drug, and whether the drug was being manufactured or offered for sale. More than the penalty itself, is how having a drug crime on your record will affect practically everything about your future.
Consequences of drug possession charges in Minnesota can include:
- Loss of professional/occupational licenses
- Loss of current job
- Difficulty obtaining future employment
- Loss of right to own firearms
- Minimized chances of securing housing
- Loss of college financial aid
- Change in immigration status with possible deportation
Personal Attention To Obtain Results
Our aggressive yet empathetic attorney at the Minneapolis Law Offices of Mitchell A. Robinson, P.A., is here to help at this uncertain time. He will work with you directly throughout your entire case. He’ll explain details in easy to understand terms, so you fully comprehend every step of the legal process and what your rights are. Whatever misdemeanor or felony you are charged with, you will receive diligent defense to ensure the most successful results possible. Our record of winning cases will put your mind at ease.
Drug possession cases we handle include:
- Possession of controlled substances such as marijuana, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, LSD and dance club drugs like ecstasy, Rohypnol and GHB
- Prescription opioid drug distribution without a prescription, including fentanyl and OxyContin
- Benzodiazepine prescription drug distribution of Xanax and Valium
- Drug possession with intent to sell
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug trafficking
- Drug cartels
- Federal drug charges — Large-quantity possession of a wide range of drugs
Many of these drug charges have been reduced or even thrown out due to our unrelenting defense of your case. Our experienced criminal defense lawyer is dedicated to vehemently defend drug crime clients, whether the case is settled in or out of the courtroom.
Call For A Free Consultation About Your Drug Offense
Years of helping clients with criminal law and drug charges have given us the reputation of committed and bold lawyering. Call our experienced criminal defense attorney to hear the facts of your case at 612-360-2839 or contact us online for a free appointment. We will respond to every inquiry.